As a result of continued growth, we are looking for a new Business Development Manager to drive the international sales of our latest software products.
You will report to the Senior Business Development Manager, and be responsible for building a portfolio of pipeline opportunities and managing them through the sales process to contract award.
- To deliver the sales of Nicander’s key products.
- Identifying new business opportunities and devising strategies for winning new business in line with established business plan.
- To attend trade conferences and exhibitions on behalf of the Company to build the sales pipeline.
- To recognise market trends and plan appropriate sales strategies to respond to them.
- In a timely and accurate manner to report – progress, sales and marketing data and potential client needs.
- To review key opportunities to tender and to provide information regarding the forthcoming tenders to enable bid/no bid decisions to be made.
- To provide both marketing and technical information in support of proposal preparation and to provide all necessary support to deliver a high-quality tender.
- To manage and be responsible for specific bids to ensure that they are all managed in accordance with company procedures, including reviews to feedback and improve the sales and marketing process.
- To support the development of company strategic business plans, including 5-year forecast and pipeline reports.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a candidate with demonstrable skills and a passion for driving sales in software technology who is ready for a new challenge. Ideally you will have a strong knowledge of systems analysis, architecture design and software development techniques. You will need to be confident in approaching people and discussing their needs and requirements. Our sales process can take many months, if not years, so your ability to understand and influence client requirements will be paramount. We work with partner companies as well as directly with client organisations, so building relationships with potential partners will form a key part of meeting our growth targets. Over 90% of our business is overseas, so you will need to be able to travel internationally and be away from home for some periods of time.
- An articulate questioner and well organised.
- Ability to build and lead multiple organisation bid teams.
- Understanding of the software development process and technology in general.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Degree qualified.
- Proven experience in successful tender bids.
- Sales process/project management experience
- Delivering technical focused presentations at conferences.
- Understanding how public procurement works.
We’re a software development and IT business, with an international client base, who strive to help clients deliver their business and operational objectives. Nicander’s principal work is as an established supplier of Control Systems and Asset Management Systems to national and local authorities responsible for highways and transport.
Based in Durham Tees Valley we’re passionate about working in partnership with our customers to provide them with software solutions, service and support that solve problems and deliver value for their businesses.
We look after both our customers and our own people, who are empowered to make their own decisions but are always supported. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading firm, with a brilliant team and ambitious growth plans.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive package allowing you flexibility and the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills which includes:
- Company Car
- Flexible working hours
- Company profit share bonus
- Opportunity to develop professional skills
- Support to gain industry memberships and qualifications
- Regular social activities for staff
- 28 days paid holidays plus public holidays
- Free parking at our Belasis Business Park offices
Applications are now open please send your current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Happens Next ?
We’ll be in touch to let you know whether we’d like to progress your application. Firstly we may arrange a telephone conversation and if that goes well for us both, we’ll ask you to attend a remote discussion with our team.
Employment – Full time, permanent
Salary – Competitive based on experience
Location and Travel – The role will be based in our Billingham Office, but UK and International travel will be required.
Industry – Intelligent Transport Systems and Highways Asset Management Systems
We are able to offer a remote interview and onboarding process; in time you will be joining a team, working in a relaxed software house environment, in North East England – with some continued flexibility to work from home.
(Note that during the Covid-19 pandemic, working form home is encouraged and the company is considering allowing staff to work from home after the pandemic is over.)
Candidates will need to pass a basic disclosure check and security interview before they can be employed.