As a Test Engineer you will work as part of a development team to ensure we produce high quality software that is valued by our customers. You will engage at all points in the development cycle: design, acceptance criteria, testing, continuous integration, and pre-deployment phases of our software. You will be expected to participate in all meetings regarding the software, and to help drive forward the quality of the software. You will be responsible for writing test scripts, both manual and automated, and will be responsible for ensuring that all agreed testing has been completed.
- Reviewing and analysing requirement documents ensuring business and technical requirements are fully understood
- Producing test documentation (test plans and test scripts) to agreed standard
- Conducting quality testing on projects and issues to agreed processes and timescales
- Identifying and carrying out regression testing where appropriate
- Reporting defects accurately and managing through to successful resolution
- Reporting testing progress to Test Manager communicating effectively and escalating where appropriate
- Maintaining and creating product knowledge documentation for use within the test team
- Assisting with any functional queries that may arise from business users following releases
- 2nd / 3rd Line Technical Support
- Engagement with international customers
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You will be a clear and concise communicator who is able to engage with developers, managers and customers alike. You will have attention to detail, and be self-driven. Any experience of automated test tools is a definite advantage.
Skills / Attributes
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to react well to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Ability to work within a team and individually on own initiative
- Commitment to quality and thorough approach to work
- High attention to detail
- Proactive approach to own personal development
- Experience of working with automated testing tools
- Experience of mobile testing
- Experience of preparing test documentation including test plans, test scripts, defect reports and progress updates
- Good understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
We’re a software development and IT business, with an international client base, who strive to help clients deliver their business and operational objectives. Based in Durham Tees Valley we’re passionate about working in partnership with our customers to provide them with software solutions, service and support that solve problems and add value for their businesses.
Nicander’s principal work is as an established supplier of Control Systems and Asset Management Systems to national and local authorities responsible for highways and transport. Our success is founded on a commitment to collaboration with our customers, partners and suppliers to deliver improvements in our services and systems.
We look after both our customers and our own people, who are empowered to make their own decisions but are always supported. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading company with an amazing team and ambitious plans for growth.
As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive package allowing you flexibility, and the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills, which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible working hours
- Company profit share allowance
- Opportunity to develop professional skills
- Support to gain industry standard qualifications
- Regular social activities for staff
- 28 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Free parking at Belasis Park offices
Applications are now open please send your current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Happens Next ?
We’ll be in touch to let you know whether we’d like to progress your application. Firstly we may arrange a telephone conversation and if that goes well for us both, we’ll ask you to come in for a face to face discussion with our team.
Employment – Full time, permanent
Salary – Competitive based on experience
Number of positions – 1
Location – Billingham, Belasis Park
Industry – Intelligent Transport Systems and Highways Asset Management Systems